View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:12 PM   #18
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
400hp is a lot. I believe the auto trans can handle up to 300 lb/ft of torque but I'd suggest you try researching that topic on your own. Everyone's experience is different.

I'd recommend getting the turbo kit and aiming for 300whp first. This is a pretty common power level for turbo'd FRSs, while there are much fewer people running 400. If you still feel as though you want more power, you can always move up to 400whp later on. Just keep in mind that this will probably require E85 (which may be common in Ohio, but is impossible to find here in New Jersey).

As far as reliability goes: in my experience 250-300whp is very reliable, 300-350whp is potentially risky, and at 350whp+ you should probably invest in another daily driver just in case lol
These were my thoughts exactly. I'm going to be having the SBD V2 kit installed fully catless in about 3 weeks on 93 octane. I expect to hit about 280whp or so with my automatic. I have 9.75" heavyish wide wheels in the rear on 245/40 on good summer tires. That power + auto + heavy wheels will probably feel perfect and not overbearing or scary by any means. I'll report back once I have first hand experience.
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote