View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 06:27 PM   #348
HlfpriceWngs
:)

Drives: 2013 FR-S SWP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I have just returned from the Toyota dealership after taking some pictures. I let them know this morning I would be coming by, and they had already put the motor back together to send off for inspection. They forgot to take pictures of my oil pick up, so they offered to take it apart and take the timing chain cover off. Here are the picture I was able to get.

[IMG][/IMG]

This last picture you can see sealant inside the cover to the right of the cam between the 4/5 o'clock position . Toyota say the sealant is hard and can't come lose. As long as the let it cure sealant inside the cover is ok. I showed them the install PDF saying it is NOT GOOD, they refused to acknowledge it. They also gave me no conformation that another tech looked over it before installation when I asked. Also did not provide mechanic certificates when asked.

According to Erin Mills Toyota, sealant in the oil pick up is ok, because it can't make its way past the filter. Everything smells fishy about this, I'll be contacting Toyota tomorrow.

Last edited by HlfpriceWngs; 03-19-2019 at 06:37 PM.
HlfpriceWngs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HlfpriceWngs For This Useful Post:
Turbo (03-28-2019)