View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 12:20 PM   #16
BRZ FTW

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Before I took it in, I put it on stands and took the wheels off. Couldn't see any damage. Nothing leaking(except maybe my rear diff?... ugh), or bent. The axle's seem to spin without weird noise. I don't have access to measure runout myself to see if they are truly damaged.

The alignment went well! You can see before I had small amount of cross camber, and some toe in the front. I had them put the Whiteline camber bolts in and max it out. thanks @Tristor for those!

So I ended up with:
- maxed camber in front at -1.5
- zero out front toe
- rear tow target .10

I'm very happy with the results! The float and twitchiness is gone at highway speeds. I could actually relax on the 100mi drive back. I feel like I finally have my car back!

My theory is going from stock 17x7.5 215/45 to 18x8 225/40, there just wasn't enough camber in front to keep significant amounts of contact patch on the fronts with the ground. I cloud be wrong though. This is the first time I've messed with suspension on a car.

As for NVH, I'm wondering if the combination of lower sidewall height and my recent AOS install has something to do with that. I've noticed my AOS vibrates quite a bit and the mount is right on the firewall. I'm going to take the AOS off today and see what happens.

BRZ FTW is offline   Reply With Quote