View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 10:51 PM   #2695
taiguy

Drives: 2013 Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by devtec View Post
- But from the beginning, car suffered from significant jerking/hesitation/stumbling problems at partial throttle starting from a stop. Puzzling as it seemed no others were having these problems. In reading through all 190 or so posts on this thread over the years, though, it seems that slowly others started reporting similar behavior (86fun, lunatic, sargy, clayrush, B_T, BigFatLip, Luftwaffel, shiumai, etc.).

Throughout all these, the hesitation on light throttle never went away, but seemed to lessen very slowly over time. In addition to addressing the legitimate problems (O-ring, bypass valve), I think it was constant refinements by Zach from Delicious with flash tunes done by remote logging. With these, the jerk had been reduced to a slight stumble (especially with the V22.0 Delicious tune). By this point, I had 42k miles on the car!

No more hesitation. Car is smooth, quiet, and powerful. On my stock BRZ with my mixed driving commute, I was getting 28.5mpg. With this tune I am getting about 30mpg.
I'm on the delicious tune v21.01 and occasionally I'll get the jerking with partial throttle, and it only happens in 1st gear. It's absolutely wild behavior since it'll happen with a steady foot. The "work-around" is to apply more throttle than normal.

Throughout my entire journey with the edelbrock supercharger, I've had terrible fuel economy. Right after install, with the Edelbrock map, I was getting 17 mpg; down from stock 29 mpg. After two revisions of the delicious tune, I'm averaging 21-22 mpg with mainly highway driving.

I've also noticed that my engine will stall randomly while shifting to neutral coming to a stop. I can't leave a laptop in the car for every drive so it's tough to log however, it happens during the winter months before the car has warmed up.

/sigh - hopefully I'll get to where you are someday.
taiguy is offline   Reply With Quote