GrimmSpeed

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 WRX
Thanked 3,550 Times in 885 Posts
Mentioned: 218 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to GrimmSpeed Send a message via MSN to GrimmSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanakuso View Post
Good to know. Do you have an recommendations for a good but cheap jack and jack stands?

I'm going to take this much more serious since I know an acquaintance on another forum that unfortunately died while under his car. I usually would put something solid/sturdy as a last ditch precaution if jack stands failed
No joke. It's too easy to forget that jacking and supporting your car properly is, without question, the most important part of anything you're doing under your car.

As far as recommendations, it's pretty easy to get a good set of jackstands pretty cheap. Craftsman, Harbor Freight, etc all make decent jackstands. I've used a variety of jacks and they all have pros and cons. Some of the lighter, low-profile ones seem a little bit unstable to me, but a lot of people have been using them for years. I like the big, heavy jacks. Harder to move around, but they always feel nice and solid.

Matt
GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimmSpeed For This Useful Post:
Christopherkuchta (09-24-2016), DelayedBRZ (02-10-2014), fuddbutter (11-23-2012), SirBrass (02-16-2014)