View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
yospeed

Drives: Coming Soon
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJyoungblood View Post
Can you make one of the "because race car" frames where the machined writing is red in color?
Unfortunately that's outside of my skill set. I'm a machinist by trade, but I've had several customers use enamel kits to fill in the engraving with green, blue red, etc. They turn out well but I wouldn't want to offer it myself as I'm not knowledgeable enough in that field to guarantee quality of the enamel etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleevin View Post
Is it possible to get one made without the lower center raised portion? In BC, Canada the lower center is where we put our insurance tag.
That falls in line with eliminating the bottom holes and having a solid bottom. In the future I will be working on machining a small batch of plate frames with no bottom, and a full bottom with no bolt holes, but that's probably going to take two or three months, as I'm also working on manufacturing a battery tie down for the FR-S right now and that's at the top of my list. I will definitely get some made, though!

Right now I'm looking for engraving options. Because Race Car was popular choice with the Honda crowd, and it's universal. I made an (86) plate frame last weekend so I'll be uploading a few photos of that later tonight as well. Any other options people would like to see?
yospeed is offline   Reply With Quote