gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
what a load of crap :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjaisli View Post
It may have been a different CEO but Toyota is not unique in killing off small, sporty, 2+2 cars. It's been a general, over-all trend over the last 15 years and a very sad one. I had HOPED that the FT86 platform would herald a return of sorts, and it may still be, but I'm simply not as optimistic as you.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say about Toyota being the "most profitable". Although there's some irony that the one manufacturer that killed off ALL of their sports cars is so successful.

So you're saying because those other CEO killed off past sports cars that the current CEO Akio (who brought us the LFA, 86, RC-F, LC, and GS-F) will do the same...

Im optimistic because Akio Toyoda is a true enthusiast. he has already stated that the company will be moving in a different direction. and we can clearly see the change, or at least I can.

That means they will always have tons of cash to play around with. Where Did Toyota ever said the trio weren't successful? Just because the car is doing bad in Europe doesn't mean it isn't successful.

also that 100k goal a year was made by Subaru, not Toyota

As far as I can tell, that is completely false.

Read here:

Toyota doesn’t disclose financial details for the brand, said Greg Thome, a Lexus spokesman. He declined to confirm a 2004 estimate from former Lexus general manager Denny Clements that, depending on sales volume, product cycles and exchange rates, Lexus generated more than half of Toyota’s U.S. earnings in some years.

“Luxury vehicles are always more profitable. The margins are higher, the absolute dollars are higher,” said Efraim Levy, a New York-based equity analyst for Standard & Poor’s. “Lexus has been one of the drivers for Toyota’s rapid earnings growth in North America in recent years.”

Link: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...Kg&refer=japan

Key word is estimated...

and that is total BS

Lexus sales 200-300k cars a year.
Toyota on the other hand sales about 1.5-2 million cars a year. you are telling me that 200-300k units of Lexus makes up half of Toyota's earnings?

The $35K is just your own speculation. But honestly, I don't have a clue. I wouldn't want one. But the car was under development. And apparently won't go into production.

Actually its not... reports have stated that a hybrid 86 would be around that ball park

they have a few test mules running around. thats pretty common in the auto industry. plus they could use what they learn in other Toyota cars.
gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gymratter For This Useful Post:
vh_supra26 (06-10-2014)