wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBRZ View Post
I just installed the Cusco "soft" sway bars front and rear, and I can tell you it definitely gives more grip without a lot of lean. I can hit a 90 degree corner at 40, come out of it at about 60, with the nannies turned on, and they don't even blink. This is on stock tires too. Wet traction is much better also, especially on roundabouts. If you have really sticky tires you can use stiffer sway bars without sliding off the road, otherwise, track use only.
The misinformation that comes out of you is astounding sometimes... any videos of these 90* corners at 40 on stock tires?

I highly doubt you have more grip on softer sways, what's probably happening is that it's shifting the grip balance rearward (increased understeer) so you feel like you can drive harder.

I would guess it shifted the grip balance rearward because under compression the fronts lose grip faster than the rears due to the horrible camber curve up front and good camber curve in the rear. More roll/compression on the outside will give the tire with the better contact patch (from better camber) more grip, which is the rear tire.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Hyper4mance2k (05-26-2015), SkAsphalt (05-26-2015), Tcoat (05-25-2015), Toyarzee (05-26-2015)