serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
well my miata has a lower center of gravity and so do lfas so i guess if we want to make blanket statements then yes, after inline 4s and v10 then yes boxers have a lower center of gravity. i dont see the need for that other stuff in a sports car

take a look at the cog of a c4 corvette and then find me one boxer that has ever made that kind of number
fatoni, the miata is a valid example but LFA is not. The LFA has a much lower ride height. I also suspect that when they made the claim "lowest center of gravity in a production car" they were measuring the completely stripped one with no radio, no AC. Removing a few components that sit rather high in the engine bay, a head unit that sits high, and a few speakers on the dash/rear which sit high could drop it slightly below a Miata. Also a Miata has a lot of bracing underneath the chassis which lowers the center of gravity but is inefficient use of mass. If it were a hardtop I suspect things would look slightly different.

As for the C4 corvette, it has a much heavier engine which acts like ballast, but fair point still I guess.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote