View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:20 PM   #190
prandelia

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Long time lurker, new member. Never had time to post. Bought an FRS couple months ago, stripped it, went to get it caged, thrashed to get the race car built and straight to the track for Gridlife GLTC in Road America. Never driven one on track, only time even in one was on the way home from buying it...lol.

Turns out, it's amazingly fun, and fast! Worked hard to make it lightweight, and was able to get a decent lap at RA. Traffic cost me 0.5 sec in quali, so it should have been about a 2:34.6 (4th overall), but ended up with a 2:35.1 (5th overall). Consistently turned the 5th fastest race laps all weekend, so very pleased to have a top-5 type car in this super competitive field right out of the gate. My first two races were pretty lackluster due to hitting the limiter on race 1 start, getting used to the car at the limit in close quarters, and some gearbox issues, but after that race 3 & 4 showed the race pace even though starting track position was already set from the first two races. It's hard to make up positions with races that are less than 20 minutes long! Super sprint!

My car is part of the Winning Formula brigade/stable, and my buddy owns the joint, so it's great to have such a competent shop in my hometown to do the work I want. They aren't just a miata shop! Will only get faster with more seat time and setup!

Last edited by prandelia; 09-18-2019 at 05:34 PM.
prandelia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prandelia For This Useful Post:
86_IT (09-18-2019)