strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,476 Times in 4,997 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
Edit: I was going on about my hand wavy maths and the +100*f difference in front rotor temps doing the downhill runs. Then I realized I don't want to do any more deliberate testing of these OE replacement rotors.

Since you have the expertise.. would you test them out using what you'd consider acceptable methodology? What rotors are you running now?
lol

I'm still on oem after 70k miles, but they're probably due to be replaced this summer. If you read back on my earlier posts I'm off the opinion any reputable brand will offer a comparable lump of metal and I have no interest spending several hundred dollars (hell maybe thousands to get what I would actually trust) and dozens of hours setting up a test. I'm glad you did yours, it's neat, but it's easy to see 10-20 degrees of unexpected results in even tightly controlled thermal tests in isolated chambers, put a test out in the wild without accurately measuring your environment? I'm only looking at your test with the 1x and 2x 100-0 stops, you don't see a difference greater than 15 degrees between the different front rotors.

I'll cross shop the raybestos and centric and buy whichever is cheaper.

strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote