View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 02:54 PM   #2
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have only experienced the FA510, so probably not a very useful review. But I would say that the ability to choose your own rates and paired with swift springs is what rendered them attractive to me. On a 6k/8k configuration that I have, they ride harder than stock, but not by much, but you can really feel the lack of travel compared to stock on big holes or bumps.

The important stuff, track impressions (since I assume this is what you are interested in). They are really really good. Only rebound adjustable but can you really feel the changes. They go from feeling a bit hard on the streets, to make the track feel smooth. Body roll is way lower than before. I do not feel any changes in how they perform on longer sessions, so I doubt they are overheating the oil. In terms of laptime, on the same tire (Nitto NT01 in 235/40), Im around 3 seconds faster per lap on a 2 minute course with similar weather. I would say around half of this time is actually trusting the car more and a bit of driver developpement over the course of the winter.

I had originally planned to get the R2, but the really soft spring rates turned me off a bit. I know nothing of other coilovers so I can only compare it to stock suspension. For track usage, I would say they are a big improvement over stock.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote