Old 03-19-2019, 08:49 AM   #302
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by accwai View Post
Totally man! New concepts like torque dip and weight transfer are just mind blowing. For my education, I did a 2000 to ~6000 rpm pull in 2nd gear Sunday morning. Didn't go beyond that as that would be quite uncivil in the street. I must say I couldn't feel the OP's stuttering forward weight transfer at all. Highly unlikely the TRD CAI has much to do with this. Somebody mentioned it earlier in this thread. Getting around *the* fundamental design flaw in the twin for a few hundred bucks? That got to be a fanboy's daydream. I just got it to impress the relatives. 94 octane gas probably has nothing to do with it either. Owner's manual says 91 octane is totally fine right?

In any case, really looking forward to be able to feel the crippling effect of the torque dip for myself. It could be hard work though, as the time spent with Corolla and Prius has probably dulled my sensitivity to car control cues beyond repair.

Anybody in the GTA interested in getting together and have a Torque Dip Party? After that, we can hop on the Bloor east to DVP north on ramp and cause some accident in the uphill merge. I hope Tcoat can come and join us
Love too but I am stuck on the Woodstock on ramp at the 401. It is only half a kilometer long so there is no hope I will be able to merge. A Geo Metro just had to go around me!
new2subaru (03-19-2019), why? (03-19-2019)