View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #7
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'd be real wary of a non-catted header system right now I think. I say that because we don't have any tuning solutions, so the stock o2 sensors are expecting a cat of some sort. I'm no tuner so I don't know what that would do, but without the ability to properly adjust the ECU to account for cat-less, I'd stay with the cat. Maybe target a catless system for 4 months out or so, when ECU tuning is more prevalent.

For now, my biggest concern is the heat soak. It's right next to that coolant line, and surrounds the oil pan. Doing some sort of a coating or wrap would probably help, but I'd love to see temperature data on the difference to know that a coating or wrap would be good enough to keep coolant/oil temps in check (and to keep that line from melting).

Where does the 02 bung go?
Will I melt my coolant line without coating this thing, or cause bad coolant temps?
For a torque bias design with smaller diameter pipes, what would you think it would do, higher torque down low but less overall power? percentages or thoughts?

excited to see dyno graphs.