View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 03:59 PM   #44
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
That's a strong indicator that your car is too low.

I run a very "normal" amount of camber in the front of my car, and remember, I'm on a 6kg main spring, with an extended air dam and hood louvers.
Could be, but I wouldnt be so sure. I will take exact measurements when I readjust the rear ride height, but I doubt its too low. I think its not even 20mm lower than stock heigh at the moment.

The splitter is not directly stuck into the bumper, its 2.5" lower with an airdamn covering the gap, and said splitter is around 2" from the ground at the edge, so it "looks low" but isnt as much really.

I did try a higher ride height at the front, at the beginning of the season but the car pushed a lot at the front, it was understeer from corner entry to exit. After I added more camber and lowered the front .5" more the car suddenly had tons of front grip.

If I had to choose between less grip at the front but a stable rear or how the car is right now, I'd rather keep the front grip and manhandle the rear. The stopwatch also shows im faster with more grip at the front, regardless of how wild and crazy corner exits can get (its harder to get a good lap in tho).

Notice how much lower the splitter is than the actual bumper. This is mid corner at around 40-50% throthle and feeding more in, its a long left hander. Thats as high as the splitter gets while accelerating, while braking and turning it goes low enough to lightly scrape on the ground.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Icecreamtruk For This Useful Post:
JeremyR (07-12-2019), strat61caster (07-13-2019)