Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,949 Times in 11,380 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blsfrs View Post
How much does using cabin climate control affect "mileage"?
The LYRIQ has a heat pump that is very efficient. There are also a couple of other things that assist. Both front and rear seats are heated. Fronts seats are cooled. In addition it has an "ECO" mode that shuts off AC/Heat to the back seats if they are empty.

You can also have the car "precondition" to set temps while plugged in at home. When I'm by myself I have rarely used anything other than the seats in the cold, after preconditioning.

I can say that heat has only a small impact, maybe reducing travel by 0.1m/kWh when used heavily in my area. "Up North" where it gets colder it would have a bigger impact I suspect.

A/C I have seen no impact but it's not summer yet. That will be partially offset by the battery being more efficient in warm weather.

You can monitor the power being used for drive train and for "environment" but I haven't done it yet to any extent. Unfortunately the car nor it's associated app does a very good job of "long term" reporting. All you really can get is last drive.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
blsfrs (03-13-2024), villainous_frx (03-12-2024)