Old 03-02-2020, 12:19 PM   #2421
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSunrise View Post
The other day, I pulled up to a red light and thought I'd redline 1st and 2nd. Nothing aggressive, no launch, like a 5-60. Speed limit was 50 or 55, traffic was relatively empty and almost no one was around, just some blue econohatch looking car to my left. Light turns green and I redline 1st, and just as I'm shifting to 2nd, I notice the blue hatch is keeping up directly to my left. It surprised me (especially since I didn't hear ANYTHING), but no big deal, I figured I'd just wind out 2nd and get away from this guy. Nope. I'm beginning to pull ever so slightly in 2nd, but definitely not what I was expecting (I'm on e85). At this point I'm so shocked he's still next to me I miss 3rd like an idiot

At the next light I end up in front of him, and now my curiosity gets the better of me, so when the light turns green, I do a mild launch (blipped to 3000 RPM before taking off). I get a quick chirp of the tires and a pretty clean launch, and I immediately put a car length gap in between us. Not sure if he's not trying or not interested, but he turns at the next light. Probably for the best.

Looks like the car was a Chevy Bolt electric car, which explains why I didn't hear the guy next to me or know he was trying to race. Apparently they do 0-60 in 6.5 seconds. Interesting seeing how quick even lower-end electric cars are from a stop. With their instantaneous low-end torque, there's no need to launch them, just mat the accelerator and go.
Yeah they do it ONCE and then their battery is dead. Hence why he turned off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
DarkSunrise (03-02-2020), SuperTom (03-02-2020)