jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistople View Post
I clocked in a personal best of 2:00.18 today at The Ridge in the still-incredibly-warm first session before running into car issues The track was also incredibly hot today, so things were a bit greasy even in the early morning.

After lunch I lost a lot power over the course of a session—it almost felt like I was running with no boost given that the car wasn't pulling hard at all. Typically I'll run 128mph by the end of the straight at RMP, but I was topping out at 115mph before hitting the quiet pedal. Not good.

I pulled in tried to diagnose the issue but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. It could be a combination of heat soak and a not-quite-sorted DT tune.

I also saw oil temps peak at 262F today. Not sure what to do about it yet. I was really hoping to NOT have to buy a vented hood or cut up my own. While I was NA, the JR cooler kept them at a cool 230. I guess it comes with the supercharged territory!

The JRSC is great, but I'm finding myself missing the simplicity of NA today.

On a more positive note, the RE71Rs are awesome! I didn't find the absolute limit of the tires today, however. I could definitely feel them overheat after a few hot laps as everyone says they do. It was so nice to just be able to dig into corners and have the front stick rather than wash out. I can see how it would be hard to go back to the typical street tire selection! I ran them 32psi hot which seemed to work.

Hopefully I can get the car fixed up before Area 27 later this month!
Heatsoak for sure. If you have access to E85 that will help with temps. Today it was over 100f so I can't imagine what the track temp was. If your running 5w30 that's the upper limit of what I would want to see. Your probably going to need to get a larger oil cooler radiator.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote