Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivingisReligion View Post
Just want to share a small story.

I moved 6 months ago to a new place which was about a half mile from a Philips 66 station, it serves 93 Octane and is a bit cheap/gal compared to Shell/BP/Chevron a few miles away. It also is a convenient store to pick up snacks/drinks + has touchless wash + free air so obviously I have started filling my car up at that station since then for straight 6 months. I could feel on a few occasions but never really bothered, bogged down acceleration and more engine screaming that felt a little not-so-my-BRZ, it grew on me even more recently. I have always been putting 93 into the car since the purchase so I started to may be blame it on an air filter/intake/any catback issue/under inflated tires(couldn't find anything wrong) or even weather up until last week when I was on a vacation and stopped at a Shell station to fill-up(it was in reserve and below E mark), resumed my drive and with in a few miles of driving I could see the peppy spark of my car back, it was eager to pull and begged to be floored.. then it strikes me, it IS the GAS!! - the culprit.
Did one more fill up after my trip at a Shell again and the car just feels alive.

Safe to say I'm not going back to 66 again for the gas.

How often the fuel is flipped in the station means far, far more than who made or sold it. Some stations just don't sell enough higher octane for it remain at it's best. Pick any station or brand that is busy and you will have better fuel. It is as simple as that.
Busybee (10-23-2018), DrivingisReligion (10-19-2018), Tristor (10-19-2018), wolffbite (10-19-2018)