View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 12:42 AM   #1146
mazeroni

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Series 10
Thanked 1,017 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$39,950 - Base model with 6MT and 400hp TT V6 *Fingers Crossed*

Or ditch the turbos, give me a N/A 3.5 V6 and sell it at $34K. That would make me super-duper happy.

Also I think they intentionally made the front bumper and rear lights look like the last Supra to fuck with spy photographers and the internet. It won't be that in the final product.

Too the car...

I think it is a safe bet that the body structure is a lock. If the car is going to have any of the crazy arches, scoops, or other elements of the FT-1 concept it would be apparent here. You don't just widen the car at the last minute. I also think that means we can rule out hybrid tech or other wiz-bang elements. Where would you put it and how would it be cooled?

I see the simplicity of the sheet-metal as being a clear indication of a very intense round of cost-engineering to bring the care in line with the V8 Muscle cars and possibly the G37/ Q60. People talking about a C7 or even GT-R competitor were way off.

I dunno, this doesn't look like some cobbled together mule. It is apparent that they are fast approaching production so you can't really decide to go back and redesign the chassis. The exception being the front bumper and headlight design that may yet mirror some of the FT-1.

We have seen arguments over test mules less complete than this with people claiming the final product will be completely different. They rarely are. (Hyperbole)

But I want this to be a sub-$40K car. Since we likely won't be getting a more powerful 86 anytime soon, this may be the next financially-illogical step.