Old 01-08-2016, 01:38 PM   #12
frslee
Just drive it

Drives: 13' FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamsterman View Post
I definitely would, if it was still under warranty. Actually, if it was just the seal that needed to be replaced, I would just do that myself. But with the window needing to be aligned, I'd rather just have the dealer handle it all.

Do you happen to have the part number for the one that was replaced?
Yea, found my old post. On paper from dealer's paper, it shows SU003-01634. However if you take a look at the revised TSB, that one shows SU003-05208.

Either way, I believe the dealer should use the newest part.

If you want to temporarily fix the issue, I have a solution.. I tried and it worked. Use the matte-type tape that has very smooth finish. Clean the affected weather strip and apply the tape where it contacts window glass. As long as it sticks to the rubber, you're good to go. It's going to look a bit funny when you open door/roll down window, but at least the rubber isn't going to roll when window is closed. Try it and let me know.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Magic-Tape-Inches-104/dp/B00005C3YY/ref=sr_1_4?s=office-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1452277703&sr=1-4&keywords=3m+magic+tape"]Amazon.com : Scotch Magic Tape, 1/2 x 450 Inches (104) : Clear Tapes : Office Products[/ame]
frslee is offline   Reply With Quote