View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #10
JD86

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86 GT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Got a few things done today. STI short shifter in, legsport lockout ring on and centre console installed.
To be honest I didn't think the TI short shifter was going to do anything, when you hold it side by side with the standard unit it's near on impossible to tell the difference between the two. But after going out for a drive I am really enjoying it. For those installing a short shifter follow this awesome DIY;
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31340
I think the STI shifter was a little easier to install than the Kartboy one. Also the STI gives you a replacement for the dust boot under the car, with good reason! I destroyed mine in the process of removing it, and the new one was really easy to slip on.
Minor frustration of the day. I had the tyres mounted on the rims, but have been sent the wrong lug nuts (1.5s vs 1.25s). Have a replacement set airbagged out, but won't be here till early next week.

I got a little 86 accent for where the seat warmer switches are as well. Think it suits the theme of the car nicely. Matches the TRD shift knob and the leg sport lock ring.
Attached Images

Last edited by JD86; 08-04-2013 at 09:06 AM.
JD86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JD86 For This Useful Post:
GaN-MaN (07-13-2013)