View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:14 PM   #5
Pat

Drives: 2023 BRZ
Thanked 1,252 Times in 677 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I've had b16s for maybe 3 years. A friend of mine is the same. We both really like the setup. I had T2s before the b16s and significantly prefer the b16s. If I remember correctly Vorshlag tested the springs in their shop and found the fronts were nearly linear. The rears were progressive however in a way that made it seem like there was a helper spring that compressed for the first part of the travel (at rest), then had a linear rate the rest of the way. I would not let the advertised progressive spring rate dissuade you. Hopefully Andrew has some insight on this as well. Before I bought them I was hesitant due to the advertised progressive spring characteristic, however after ownership of them it is simply not an issue.
As Andrew said, they feel different than v3s. Monotubes have a certain feel that is different than twin tubes. I significantly prefer monotubes because of this however they are not as comfortable at low speeds (i.e. parking lots). I think they are much better at highway speeds though. I should say this statement is specific to b16 versus v3s.

Last edited by Pat; 11-24-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pat For This Useful Post:
botbs (08-31-2023), EB86 (11-25-2019), strat61caster (11-25-2019)