Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
DesertFrs

Drives: Scion FRS 10 Series AVO Turbo
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekowahhhh View Post
Hey guys,

I'm sure this issue has probably been had by another person or two on here, so I wanted to ask around and see if anyone else can confirm.

I live in So-Cal, so the weather here is fairly warm. Most mornings lately its been about 70-75 degrees. The noise isn't present at start-up but is present after the car has been running for some time. It happens on occasion, as far as I can remember, and is heard from inside the cabin, as well as outside.

At first I thought it was the peddle spring, but when I examined the issue further, the sound could be heard outside the car as well.. as if it's coming from the engine bay. When I apply pressure to the peddle, it squeaks quite heavily, not like a fully blown out throttle bearing, but it does sound like some sort of spring or spring like motion coming from the transmission itself. I'm hoping to take it in this week, so we will see what happens, but I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I have noticed this as well. I cant say Ive heard it this winter though. possibly something to do with ambient temperature?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo95eg6 View Post
Sometimes pushing in my clutch feels "crunchy", not as fluid during warmup. I'm sure its with the motor shaking a bit more until the RPM's settle, and due cold temperatures. However I do notice a click when I push in the clutch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang88_357mag View Post
Mine also has a squeak but it's only 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbertran View Post
Same issue here.
Adjusting the clutch pedal height reduced the noise a little but now I have a "sticky" pedal issue so I'm picking my poison...

From reading everyone's issue and it appearing to be similar. Their is a possibility that you Throwout Bearing is going out. Their was a thread started a few months back where someone melted their throwout bearing. (Old Thread Attached) http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52176

I've been having similar issues maybe a little bit worse but, was reduced after I adjusted the pedal (maybe to late). I will be taking the car over to @DAMotorsports within the next few weeks to have the transmission removed and inspected. While the Transmission is removed, @DAMotorsports will be installing a lightweight flywheel and Organic Clutch from @AVOturboworld. As I imagine I will be replacing the Throwout Bearing as I suspect the bearing being the issue. I will keep everyone posted and I will let you know!

DesertFRS
DesertFrs is offline   Reply With Quote