That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Dynosty View Post
I edited my last post as well but just a little additional on the testing:

Doesn't matter if you are making 150 or 550hp for this testing (obviously unless your FI you probably do not need to upgrade) but the only testing we will be looking for is someone to monitor the fuel level in each side of the tank when the refuel light pops on to make sure the venturi is working. Doesn't matter if your on E85 or gasoline as long as you are using at least a tank per week.
Is the venturi the only thing that moves fuel from the far side of the tank to the fuel pump? If the venturi wasn't working right, say it was moving too much fuel, that would drain one side faster then the other, would it not? And after one side was drained, could the venturi cause the fuel to become aerated? And...(I know this is probably getting annoying, but there is a point to this) if the fuel were getting aerated could that cause a knock condition? Is there any way for the fuel levels to equalize?

I'm asking because I noticed that as my car goes below half tank the advanced multiplier would start to drop like a rock. I thought it was due to the age of the gas and not the fuel level, but after talking to a friend of mine who's a chemical engineer and used to work for a petroleum company, she told me that was unlikely. She said it wasn't impossible, but it didn't seem to fit.

Thanks and sorry for thread jacking.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote