View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #174
Dru670

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
So I've spent the last few weeks tuning my car (or @jamesm tuning it and me trying to learn as much as possible). the process has sometimes been slow by not having the Wideband logged by Ecutek, which means anything below 11.02 AFR is not logged. This makes it hard to know how much fuel needs to be taken out of the tune and be able to reach target AFR's quicker (in summary, spend less time modifying the rom, flashing and more time fine tuning it).

Well @EcuTek responded quickly to the community requests and has provided us a way to log the Rear O2 input which otherwise is useless.

We now can connect our aftermarket Wideband (AEM Failsafe in my setup) to the O2 sensor wiring and have it all together in a nice clean Ecutek log! This also helps verify how well/bad is the stock O2 calibrated.

Below is what I did: (Special thanks to my good friend @jamesm who helped me figure it all out).

James showed me: from page 48 of the ecutek docs. Get that thing wired in and it'll make both of our lives much easier

Then i started digging into it:

So from the wiring diagram:

This is the A34 connector, and we need to connect to pin 21:

Pin 21 takes signal from the C13 Rear O2 connector, blue wire (see below) #3 on C13

Finally, below is C13, the Rear O2 connector. I'm in the process of connecting the Failsafe White cable (analog AFR output) to pin #3 in C13.

This is the table AEM gives for output AFR vs. Volts.

DONE!! Wideband is logged via Ecutek. Software update AND tune file update is required. This is only capable in Ecutek RaceRom 7.

Hope it helps!!
Pictures disappeared lol
Dru670 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dru670 For This Useful Post:
freerunner (07-12-2018)