View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #63
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
If we're going to continue using LOGIC here, no FILTER is going to make 5whp on a N/A 2.0L engine.

Since it's an easy install/uninstall I recommend they do a minimum of 3 runs with stock air filter and post results, and then 3 runs with the aftermarket filter.
Learn the googles. Someone has already done that.

Quote:
Next we wanted to see what would happen if we just removed the factory filter, so we popped the hood and quickly removed the stock filter. One thing I will point out is that the factory air filter actually looks really really good, it has quite a bit of surface area and seem to be of super high quality, so we were impressed by that. But this is not a stock filter review, we are here to get some numbers! So we made a few more pulls with the factory air filter out of the box, and we got a maximum HP of 148 and max TQ of 114. We were hoping to see more gains out of this, but it seems like the power delivery was not as smooth, and while we did gain 1 horsepower overall, the majority of the time, we were actually under power compared to the stock filter. I am guessing this has to do with the way the air floes over the MAF sensor itself, and I do think having a filter in the box creates the proper air flow over the MAF. Now that was all done, we wanted to try out the new Apexi drop in air filter. Removing it from the box, you can instantly tell this will be a much better flowing filter than stock, and if not that, at least it is looks much better.
Full article with pictures and dynos here: http://bit.ly/NSyX3f