Old 12-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #56
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Okay so I really liked the movie as a fan. I mean it felt like I was watching the very first Star Wars movie all over again when I was younger.... oh wait, that's because it was just the same story, but with different characters. That's okay. They're doing that for the new generation. I'm okay with that, I guess. Gotta keep the series alive! Anyway, the pacing in the movie wasn't that bad, only reason I say this is because it leaves us wondering about Rey's mysterious background and keen learning skill for the force, plus what kind of person Finn will be in the next episode, not just physically, but character wise. Yeah, I know they did rush some things like how Po survives the crash, quickly befriends Finn, same can be said about Rey's and Finn's friendship too, but that was expected. Also too bad Phasma didn't have much screen time. What really bothered me was Kylo Ren. Ren shows off how powerful and commanding he can be in the very beginning by stopping a blaster shot in mid air, something that had not been seen yet in any of the original movies, but as the film progressed, that image began to fade away. He started to lose his cool, he could not fully handle Rey, but I guess having no heart to kill his father must give him some credit back. I'm just not entirely sure why he decided to turn to the dark side in the first place, other than being swayed by Snoke, as Leia mentions to Han. Or is it really as Ren mentions it, to redeem his grandfather's past? Or perhaps was Han and Leia that much of unloving parents for leaving him with Luke to learn the force? Or maybe its all genetic, "... has some Vader in him." I don't know. Not sure how much those theories hold up. I'll just continue to wonder if he will see the point of no return to become like his grandfather or return home for Light side. But hey, you see, the rushing pace of the film left me wanting to know more. Well the writers could have at least chose one person to build more character on. I probably just had too much high expectation for Kylo Ren to be the next badass Star Wars villain too.
As the story goes, it wasn't that bad in comparison to New Hope. Made it easy to see how things were, what will happen next, even the ultimate "death" scene wasn't that hard to see coming, especially minutes after the reunion. The action was great though. The shots were excellent. The CGI that was there wasn't bad or overwhelming like previous films. The movie felt right. More adventure and less politics. Thank goodness. Except I would have been okay with one scene to explain the Resistance a bit more, why are they the Resistance, they won the battle in Episode VI?

Han Solo will be missed. But were some of you actually stunned of his death? I thought it wasn't as dramatic like the famous scene between Luke and Vader. It was predictable. too many hints gave away to his timely due. It was cool though to see him and Chewy again. Ford still owned the part, but as others have discussed, it was time to move on. Ford himself was getting too old as well. Time to pass on the torch to someone else... Finn... Rey?

What I like to see next in episode VIII is keeping the action a go, more character build, less fan servicing (VII handled it), keep those witty lines coming but don't over due it, like to see a few more lighsaber battles or some big scene that leave a great mark on the film, and please do not rip of Empire Strikes Back... lets get some original story line in the next film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Theories outta my arse and after reading some Wookiepedia:

All B.S. I know, but if you got this far, then you're at the very least interested. Thoughts?
That is some crazy theories you got there, but I can see #2 being plausible, but some are saying Phasma is our Boba Fett. Cool villian, barely see them do squat.

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M-17 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (12-22-2015)