Old 09-26-2019, 10:52 AM   #8684
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
Ok now I have a MAP sensor question.. from what I have read earlier the Sprintex setup needs to use the OEM sensor. But on the Delicious Tuning site they say that you must use their 11psi MAP sensor?

Does everyone still run the OEM sensor and what tunes are everyone using?

I'm a bit unsure which way to go, trailer the car down to a local Ecutek tuner and pay for them to tune it on the dyno. Still have to pay for the Ecutek license and dyno-time. I'm unsure how much experience they've had with these SC kits.. I doubt it would be much.

Or e-tune
Xero-limit, their package is $849
DT, their package is $1095
(+75 for the TJ Hunt Especial - Crackle and Pop I have no idea what that is..)
Im not sure where you see the 11psi MAP recommendation on DT website, but i initially had DT tune my car with the 75mm pulley on stock MAP with no issue tune was great no real complaints.

I then switched to WMI with 72.5mm pulley and had xero-limit do my tune, and then had him revise my tune for the 69mm i am currently using. Both tunes/tuners where great, but Mike has been incredibly helpful and patient in really dialing in the tune and working with what i wanted so i will personally continue to use him.

With the intercooler the PSI reading fluctuates too much at the MAP location, something about the design of the heat-plate and turbulence etc... so with the intercooler kit people just use stock MAP sensor and the tune is done more so with the MAF. Without the intercooler i think a 3bar could work not 100% sure. but i think most people just stick to stock MAP regardless.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote