View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 07:56 PM   #1
ThatYeti

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dumb question: speaker blown or something else?

So last week I was rushing to get ready for a track day and get a new harness installed. Disconnected battery, pulled seat, panels, installed schroth racing harness, buttoned it all back together and didnt get back in the car til the morning of the track day. Turned on the car and before my phone connected to Bluetooth I hear a full humm. Was coming from the rear driver's side speaker but didn't have time to address so I just turned up the music and sent it.

Now having time to take it apart, I unplugged that speaker and the low hum went away. Assumed it blew somehow in the process, maybe some juice left in the system when I reconnected the battery? Thought afterwards of trying to plug it back in to see if it went away (idiot!). But hoping someone here may know before I order a new one or just leave it for now.

Also I broke one of those white plastic clips on the door panel, anyone know where I can get just one or two?

Thanks in advance and for reference (not sure it matters) it's a 2017 limited with the OEM plus sound package

Last edited by ThatYeti; 05-01-2023 at 11:32 AM.
ThatYeti is offline   Reply With Quote