View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 10:33 PM   #22
kev0

Drives: '14
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thE_iyE View Post
I know the EJ motors are fairly different from the FA motors, but my WRX would flicker the oil light when coming to a stop after it ate through a quart of oil. The pickup was being starved by braking because my oil level was too low. I imagine your situation is the same. You still haven't answered, so I'll ask again, have you checked your oil level, properly? Explain how you check your oil level, too. Pay attention to if the vehicle is level, how ling the vehicle has been sitting, and wipe first, dip second, check third. It's worth looking at, especially if it means not having to deal with a mechanic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Oh I'm sorry! Yeah, oil level is 100% fine. I check everytime I go out for a drive. I let it cool down for 10 minutes after driving. It's actually a teeny bit past the second hole, so it's probably overfilled. Funny how it didn't do that the day after changing my oil though.

I let it cool down for 10 minutes, take out the dipstick, wipe it, insert it fully, take it out and read side with the lower reading. Oil temps got up to 208 today which worried me. Going to get it switched out to 5w30 because I am boosted now.. not sure if that will fix the problem.
kev0 is offline   Reply With Quote