View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 09:47 PM   #29
theadmiral976

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The rattle in the shifter while accelerating in your first video sounds like the rattle often attributed to the reverse lockout. You can try to hold the lockout up while in gear and see if it changes at all (it may not, or if it does it may not completely disappear).

The sound you get when initially pressing on the clutch reminds me of my experiences with the throwout bearing. I think there are several variations on the theme that many have experienced, but I will say that in my case, the bearing remained relatively intact when I finally did have the transmission pulled; however, the bearing grease had escaped and slung all around the bell housing and I was told bearing failure was "imminent." This is after Subaru telling me these noises were "normal." I have a much older car (mid 2013 manufacture) and I know they have revised the TOB at least once since my car was made so YMMV. Also, just in case anyone asks, I had my TOB replaced at 65k - no issues other than normal wear with the clutch disk and the rest of the clutch system was intact and looked good.
theadmiral976 is offline   Reply With Quote