View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #206
killercl0wnfish

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
As everyone has basically said already...WOW!!

Great job and congrats on the work that you have done. I have to be honest when buying the car, I was satisfied with the power output. It was built as a driver's car and it definitely delivers in that category,...but eventually I am sure I will want more just like any car lover. I have concerns with legalities though. This is my daily driver in CA and the last thing I need is for the Police to ticket me or even worse take my car away because it is illegal. I had this issue with my first car a 240sx w/SR20DET...those are still illegal here in CA unless you have some kind of special permit as a demo/show car for a company (like Greddy for example, they had an S15 for a while running around here). So my question is...is there any intention to make this a 50-State kit? or is this an off-road kit only (assuming a kit is finalized which I am fairly sure there will be) for us in CA? Greddy used to sell 50-State kits. They were mild for sure, but once you have them in there and had that CARB sticker...you can pretty much use you "imagination" what we would do with that kit Those kits were not very expensive at the time, but I don't mine paying in order to not have to worry about it. Thank you for reading...and either way I still look forward to reading about all the progress on the car. It is cool to see what that factory motor can do instead of all of these other motors being "transplanted" into the FT 86. That does not help the people who actually drive these cars on the road and are using the factory motor Have A Good One!

just wondering ... what makes a turbo kit 50 state leagal and not??? seems like if u just get it thow a cat on it then ur good ?? sorry if a dumb queston but here in kentucky they have almost no laws that they actualy inforse except window tent lol