View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #130
SomeoneWhoIsntMe

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fair enough, I was just trying to make a broader statement in relation to this as well as some of the other rhetoric I've seen in the forum. There was a similar discourse that made it to the front page of the site a week or so ago, wasn't there? It seems like there's plenty of sentiment on the forum like that.

I was trying to look up swap info on here, and if there weren't a half dozen completed cars running 2JZ's already, I would have thought it was totally impossible based off the forum posts about it on here.

It's interesting seeing all of this play out, though. Seems pretty similar to the WRX/STi.

Great car on paper, certainly enjoyable to drive in stock form, but once you start modding it and driving it how it was meant to be driven, you're tempting fate. Lots of people get drawn in by the looks, power, etc, and buy into the hype then tons of money in mods and a spun bearing later they cut their losses and move on to an Evo.

Seems to be the same deal here. You get drawn in by the handling, looks, and hype, then unless you can deal with the car stock or you've got the tenacity to deal with modding it heavily, you move on to a similar car in the same segment.

Now I realise I've pretty much restated your OP, heh.
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SomeoneWhoIsntMe For This Useful Post:
UltramarineLuck (06-06-2014)