View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #128
UltramarineLuck

Drives: Ultramarine Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
I think the amount of shaming of other users with posts like this is ridiculous. I don't read the general discussion parts of this forum very often, but it seems like every time I do there's some guy struggling to come to terms with buying a slow ass car by word-vomiting some huge essay on how enlightened he is now that he's seen the light and realised that the 86 is absolutely perfect from the factory and how anyone that doesn't enjoy the car as much as he does is an idiot and doesn't "understand" the car.

That's cool and all, but there's no need to rip down other people to try and validate your own experience. Not to mention, shaming people for wanting to push the platform by modifying their cars heavily is totally counterproductive and hurts the community.
FYI, none of this is being done in the OP, or really anywhere else in the thread. The point of the thread is to offer a different perspective than what one traditionally finds on forums like this - for the FT86 or for any platform - where people come to rave about how much they love it or blast it for the problems they have.

The TL;DR for the OP is simply this: If you're considering buying the car as a canvas for aftermarket modding, you may want to consider your total budget and go with a different platform with no modding, as it may provide a better experience and cause fewer headaches (especially if it's going to be your one and only, or your daily driver). That's it. No shaming for modding, no shaming for enjoying the car stock, just a different perspective on a certain scenario.

Quote:
I *want* people to be disillusioned with how slow these cars are. Since we're comparing ourselves to the Miata community already, look what happened there: people were unsatisfied with how slow the miata is, which lead to a wealth of info on turbo miatas, and then later on lead to a wealth of info on ls1 miatas. This is a good thing.
This is already happening, by-and-large. This option is for some people, but it is not for everyone. Some guys who have done this are already looking to sell as they're just unhappy with the car (including a guy in our club in Atlanta who makes 410hp at the wheels ). It's just the nature of aftermarket modding.
UltramarineLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UltramarineLuck For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (06-06-2014)