View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 12:11 PM   #29
JohnnyR

Drives: 04 Evo 8
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was eventually going to post my impressions in a separate thread, but this will do just fine. I went to the NYAS with some of my car enthusiast friends and put some time around both the FR-S and BRZ.

I personally didn't like the seating, simply because I'm 6'2" 225lbs. I couldn't adjust the seat properly enough to seat myself the way I like to sit when tracking a car when wearing a helmet. There either wasn't a good enough view out of it, or there wasn't enough headroom for a helmet.

Seats were nice. Not the best seats by any stretch of the imagination, but the BRZ's seats were nice overall. Steering wheel was well shaped too.

Shifter was surprisingly tight for anything "stock" with a Subaru badge on it, very impressive. Throws were good enough for me, I'd just upgrade the bushings to make it super-solid. The clutch pedal is ultra-light, but it maybe that I'm used to heavier performance and twin-plate clutches. I did not like the pedal layout actually. Heel-Toe was tough for me to simulate.

Car looks good from any angle. Stereo doesn't cut it, at all, typical Subaru low-end stuff here. The tires were laughable, and should be the first mod anyone does to the car, even before the exhaust or shifter bushings.

Between the two, the BRZ is the better choice as it's interior is so much nicer all around. The gauges in the FR-S were yuck. I thought the orange looked horrible, the grey was ok, the white was very nice, and the BP was sexy.

Here's some quick pics:

Last edited by JohnnyR; 04-12-2012 at 01:12 PM.
JohnnyR is offline   Reply With Quote