View Single Post
Old 11-09-2016, 01:12 AM   #11
justatroll

Drives: Full race 4cyl boxer
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
For NA mods I would do things which would concentrate on lightening mass and lowering MOI of parts while keeping it reliable enough for a DD....don't care about raising power levels as much as getting better engine responsiveness from an NA build. If you can up the redline you can up the power... costs $$$$ though.

Valvetrain and drivetrain would be the focus...exhaust and intake work are a given on any modded car.

Camshafts, rockers/lifters, valves/springs, lightweight flywheel, and reagearing the rear end is where I'd spend my efforts for NA.
I was reading along thinking that the world has come to it's senses because nobody has suggested LWCP or LWFW, and there you go ruining it.

It is NOT POSSIBLE to get "more hp" by reducing the rotating mass of the engine or drivetrain.
It does not Make more HP or "free up" more HP.
Removing weight from the rotating mass will give you the exact same benefits as removing that same weight from anywhere else on the car.
Except by focusing your efforts on reducing rotating mass you will certainly see a huge decrease in the weight of your wallet.

The only noticeable change in "responsiveness" is throttle response when the car is out of gear.
Cole (11-09-2016), go_a_way1 (11-09-2016)