View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #175
mokinbird87
BOXER FR

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If i was going to buy GC i would buy the 3.8 with auto tranny. Why? because it's not a hardcore sportscar but a decent grand touring car. It is really heavy and just a lot bigger in dimension to be an outright sportscar but for the weight penalty it makes up in the ride quality and how quiet it is inside the cabin. let me give you a run down of each trim level i test drove:

3.8 track manual: 19" tires and stiiff suspension without much travel (butt dyno) makes this car VERY uncomfortable (i feel better in my wrx with tokico struts and prodrive springs), still heavy. decent brakes but very touchy in feel...
3.8 gran touring auto: comfy tire height and suspension result supple ride. this car is just runs smoother in automatic. keyless ignition, entry, HIDs..yada yada. very well equipped yet just as sporty as the track version without the harsh ride and touchy brakes.
2.0T manual: dont hear/feel the engine as much as I did on the V6... end of story.

small tactile things: the leather used to wrap the steering wheel feels like plastic... clutch is retarded soft with a high engaging point (maybe i`m used to my car).

but the overall chassis is really pretty nice; it's more of a bargain G37 rather than a nicer S2000.
mokinbird87 is offline   Reply With Quote