View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:54 PM   #1
SolderGlob

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy DTC: P0335, P0011, P0345, P0340

I picked up a used '13 FR-S a couple of months ago and have been loving it ever since... Well, up until a few days ago and I'm hoping you guys and gals can help me out.

A couple of days ago I was on my way to work on the interstate and I noticed the car was making a 'chirping' noise from under the hood. Luckily I wasn't that far from my destination when the noise cropped up. I got to work and popped the hood to see if I could locate the sound and it appeared to originate from the belt. I noticed that the tensioner pulley was bouncing up and down which coincided with the squeaks so I figured I'd thrown a bearing on the alternator, A/C, or some other device and I'd inspect it further when I got home. I never made it home with a running car....

On my way I was going to pass a car when the REAL issue popped up. First the car went into limp mode (CEL, slip warning lights) and then a few minutes later when I tapped the gas and the car revved but didn't accelerate. I immediately switched to the left lane and got onto the shoulder of the interstate. Once I got to the shoulder I put the car into park and the motor shut down as if it was overloaded. I went to go to start it and nada. I can hear the starter whirring away, but it doesn't seem to want to engage the flywheel. Interesting, yeah?

I was able to pull the error codes from it: P0335, P0011, P0345, P0340 which are camshaft/crankshaft position sensor errors. But this doesn't line up with the issues I experienced right before the car died because it was running fine, it just wasn't moving. No other DTCs were found.

So, does anyone have any insight they may be able to share as to what the issue may be, or have had similar issues?
SolderGlob is offline   Reply With Quote