Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Fuuuck me. Two stories? He's goddamn lucky to be alive.
As @humfrz would say "reminds me of a story...."

My Father owned a roofing company, and I worked for it from the time I was about 10 until 20 (labor laws being a little less stringent when it comes to family).

We didn't use harnesses on anything. Usually we just used 2x4s and bravado. This of course led to many interesting stories. Mine follows....

When I was about 16 I was on a two story 8 on 12 pitch roof in the early morning dew. The bundle of shingles on my shoulder decided to spew loss gravel behind me that I didn't notice. The combination of the damp tar paper, scattered gravel and youthful carelessness got the better of me as I walked down the roof. I slipped, fell, managed to turn myself around to land face down and drove my fingers between the 1x6 sheathing (it was an old farm house) to stop myself, breaking my wrist in the process.

Had I slipped off the roof, I would most likely not be typing this, as I was directly above several pipes coming out of the heating oil tank below me.

My Father helped me down the ladder, complaining all the way that I should have been "more damn careful" but I could tell he was as upset as he ever would get. We wrapped it in an ace bandage and my Mother was called to pick me up and take me to the hospital.

To add insult to injury, as my Mother was driving me to the ER, we got sideswiped on my side of the car in a traffic circle. Fortunately it was minor. My Dad's comment when we told him later "So, you unwrapped his arm and claimed it happened in the accident, right?" Of course, neither of us had thought of that.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
humfrz (10-01-2018), spike021 (10-01-2018), Spuds (10-01-2018), Tcoat (10-01-2018), Ultramaroon (10-01-2018)