Thread: I give up
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
grant

Drives: too many to list
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
your problem is in your asking for permission. from experience is better to call and say you upgraded items on your car for aesthetics or to a "premium long life item(s)" that are worth X dollars. NEVER say they are "race" or "to lower or raise" your vehicle or even "more power" everything added will be covered with receipts or with an appraisal (that will be up to your insurance), you many need to add an additional rider to the policy if the value exceeds their limit. Most companies after the fast n furious days put a limit on such enhancements so if your value exceeds the limits you need to contact the insurance company about it.

I have $18K into on of my trucks and with an appraisal my insurance company has no problem covering it, even the supercharger I added (its a TRD supercharger that was an option from the dealer which makes it ok), but the wheel/tires, lift kit (premium suspension), exhaust (stainless long lasting) etc were all documented in my appraisal and added to my policy with a rider that costs me $50/year or so. If you need an appraisal make sure they understand the above statement (most do) and don't throw you under the bus
grant is offline   Reply With Quote