View Single Post
Old 03-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #249
nlamon33

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaskrayon View Post
Alright guys. I'm that skinny guy that wants to bulk up. I don't want to be jacked out of my mind, but I want to gain some muscle mass.

I have always been athletic, but I've always been skinny. Now I categorize myself as "skinny fat." I can eat whatever and not gain much weight, if anything its because of beer. I eat crappy, and I know it, because I can get away with it. I haven't had much time to get back into shape and I want to change that, as well as my eating habits.

I've already started eating slightly healthier and cut soda and candy out completely. I know one of the biggest thing to gaining muscle is eating. My problem right now is just that. I don't know if I can eat that much? As it is, I only eat lunch and dinner. I can't see myself eating breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and another snack.

So I guess my question is do I just force myself to eat as much as I can to get the calories I need? I'm sure I'll start eating more once I start getting into rythem, but should I just start slow, like add breakfast then in a week add a snack before lunch and so on? Any tips would be great, thanks.
I used to be athletic/skinny and struggled putting on weight. Can be advantageous though. You literally need to force yourself to eat more, then your body will adjust. Same as if you tried to start eating less. You need to implement a good lifting program too with minimal cardio. Your body will probably still burn fat because it won't be used to using those muscles.

Also, EAT BREAKFAST. That should be the biggest meal you have all day.
nlamon33 is offline   Reply With Quote