View Single Post
Old 05-08-2023, 01:19 PM   #13036
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,503 Times in 979 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just before my time. However, my older siblings grew up listening to the likes of "The Lone Ranger" and Hockey Night in Canada.
Funny story, my two brothers got into a fight over what to listen to and decided to "saw" the beautiful wooden cabinet radio right down the middle. By the time my father arrived on the scene my oldest brother had already started and there was a huge kerf mark through the leading edge and partway into the top.
My father used wood dust/shavings, glue and lots of stain to try and restore the cabinet but... The damage was still visible when he sold it. He liked to say that it was that mark and the story behind it that made the sale.

I turned around from my keyboard and spotted my Uncle's old cabinet radio in the corner of my computer room. So I snapped a photo. Now this was used everyday and night until he got his first TV in the mid 60's. He still used it to listen to music or the hockey game if he was busy in another room. I think it only ever got two stations. CBC for hockey and a religious station that my aunt loved to listen to. (Hmmmm... guess I need to get the duster and vacuum out)
Attached Images

Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
humfrz (05-09-2023), soundman98 (05-08-2023), Spuds (05-08-2023), Ultramaroon (05-08-2023)