View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #21
(K)
They call me..."Ken"...

Drives: '04 Accord V6 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Corey, thank you for the post. It answered a few questions that I had in the back of my mind and also confirmed some notions that I had (and should have followed through with...but another day for that story). I know you mentioned that there's no set plan yet on BRZ sales at your dealership and you're not taking any deposits, but how will you go about when you're ready to take orders? Are you making sales to the first customer that walks through the door and signs papers or are you calling interested parties in advance for appointments and discussing it with them then?

In my opinion (and this is not directed towards any individual or dealership), this ARTIFICIAL exclusivity tactic that SoA and ToMoCO are using puts unneeded pressure on dealerships who are just trying to satisfy their customers (as opposed to a dealership that's out looking for sales). I understand you want to go about in a fair and professional manner with BRZ sales, but it doesn't seem like that's an option afforded to you. Not to mention customers who are ready to jump off bridges to obtain a "rare" car like this are prime targets for unsavory dealerships to take advantage of. It's easy to to say "just hold your horses" but human nature isn't so direct, there's ALWAYS going to be those who are innocent [read; naive] enough to be taken in by this sort of ploy and sadly there's just no way around it. Sad to say, prey will be prey (and I don't mean that in a derogatory manner), but I guess that's just the nature of the beast.
(K) is offline   Reply With Quote