View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 11:03 AM   #135
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
Don't want convertible. Want fixed-roof coupe.

I would like to see a whole family based on a small, lightweight rwd platform. 2-seat sports car, 2+2 coupe, hatchback, 4-door a la Datsun 510, 5-door hatch, bring 'em I say! (not gon happen I know)

You know that the Jag E-type coupe was a hatchback. Also, Datsun 240Z, Supra, a whole host of cars that look nothing like a Corolla. Hatchbacks are (or can be) cool...

Coupe is fine, but plenty of cars have come as both coupes and hatchbacks over the years. Including the car that the FT86 is *really* the resurrection of: S13 240SX. And for years the Z was available as a short-wheelbase 2-seater and a longer-wheelbase 2+2. Why not, I say...

I would like to see a greater variety of small/lightweight/fun rwd cars.

I suppose the twins are a spiritual successor to a lot of different Japanese, affordable, front engine RWD cars. I didn’t think the S13 was a inspiration for Toyota or Subaru. The twins do sort of carry the flag for all of those prior fun cars. And they do a damn good job of it. This car doesn’t need to be tweaked much at all. A little bump in power, and more lighter is all it really needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JesseG is offline   Reply With Quote