View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:18 PM   #1
exE36M3

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
After the buy scam - Sharing an experience...

You sell something, buyer pays fast, usually via Paypal or online.
And you send it. Tracking shows everything arrived ok.

However, a day later, the buyer contacts you to say the item shows damage or doesn't work right.
BUT they don't want to send it back for a refund, they instead ask for a partial refund...

I've noticed this on a few online transactions lately.
The first time I was yeah, ok, sorry about that. But I've had a few eBay and private transactions go this way.

So protect yourself, photograph ALL angles of your item. And opt for shipping insurance, that should cover damage. If they claim damage, it can be re-referred to the Post Office or UPS.

--- added ---

Thanks for everyone's input. What it really boils down to is that people out there can be REALLY dishonest about their buying behavior.

As an honest seller, you do everything you can to assure everything is described as is, photos taken, shipping tracked and insured... because it's how you would want someone to take care of something you bought.

But to only have the buyer screw you in some manner... partial refund requests, lying about damage, damaging the product intentionally to get a refund, etc. It kind of kills the experience.

Just sharing as I love selling/buying Star Wars and cars stuff and the last 3 experiences that involved other "enthusiasts" just makes the community suffer overall.

Last edited by exE36M3; 03-05-2017 at 11:36 AM.
exE36M3 is offline   Reply With Quote