View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #24
Trefoil

Drives: GBS BRZ Harrop SC/PTuning Header
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
If you have a basic set of mechanic tools (deep and short metric sockets, ratcheting wrenches, pliers, etc) you can accomplish the installation in a weekend. I strongly recommend that anything this heavy is performed with a friend for team lift and seating of the manifold gaskets squarely.

I did it while drinking beer with friends over a 12 hour period, then because of the beer and everyone wanting to be a cook in the kitchen, took another 10 to sort out vac line issues. If you're careful, organized, and not overheated (blame 104 degree F weather and 98% humidity) you can easily perform this in a weekend so long as you have the tune file in hand to flash the ECU before turning the key. It's not difficult to perform this install, it just takes time and critical planning/thinking.

I did order through Moto East and they offered me their Flex fuel kit and an e-tuning package. Though not as immediate as say, going to an in-state dyno and tuning shop for a weekend, I've been happy with their customer and tuning support.
Trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trefoil For This Useful Post:
kuczynskika (07-28-2016)