Old 07-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #19
Trefoil

Drives: GBS BRZ Harrop SC/PTuning Header
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfranklyn86 View Post
Are you running the standard pulley and stock internals? I will be really interested to see what whp you make with e85 when you dyno it. (Not that I can get e85 over here!)
Standard pulley and stock internals. I went for support modification after maxing out power on 93 aki as an NA car. I chose the Harrop due to price compared to the torque AUC, also due to the fact that it worked with the majority of my existing modifications without having to buy the same part twice... I say most, because I had purchased a racerX oil cooler that would have required some heavy modification to remount around the driver side fenderwell. The jackson racing radiator with oil cooling fit a lot of issues that would arise with relocation to a colder climate, racing, and fitment any oil radiator.

The funny thing about e85 is that although it was great for the environment and human health to move away from MTBE, it turned out to be a giant corn subsidy in the US which increases emissions from farm equipment and takes grain from the livestock feed supply.... The scientists and policy makers were hoping for indigenous plants that required no extra fertilizer to supply biomass to the ethanol plants.

I'll post when I get a dyno day after the final tuning!

Last edited by Trefoil; 07-28-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Trefoil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Trefoil For This Useful Post:
CxG (04-26-2019)