Old 01-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #7
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyhop9 View Post
I asked him had he heard anything of the FT-86 and he said they had been briefed on it that morning because they were going to host a similar event with the FT-86 this upcoming fall. I asked him what he knew and he gave me all the obvious(RWD, co-developed with Subie, lightweight, low center of gravity, etc.). I asked him about engine choice and he said they were told by the Toyota executives that it would be NORTH of 300 horsepower, falling in line with what MotorTrend is reporting. I also didn't ask, but I assume it will be launched as a Toyota since he was speaking to Toyota execs about an upcoming Toyota product, as he described it. Anywho, finished my test drive and ran home to tell you guys about it
I bet part of that briefing they probably handed them a copy of the Motortrend and told them to read up on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggyhop9 View Post
The 4Runner was reallllllllly quiet. It was a loaded 4X2 Limited V6. Much more quiet than the previous gen. My sister had an 05 4Runner and the interior noise was horrible and you could really feel that it was a truck by the ride. The ride on this one had been softened up a great deal. As for the interior, it had that same center stack as the other Toyota trucks complete with nav and such. I'm not a fan of it personally.

This one was in a white pearlescent paint job, which I was told was an extra option on the car. Looked really good, but white's not my color of choice. I prefer a deep red or green.
But the Tacoma chassis came from the 4runner. I have LT tires on my Tacoma w/Donahoe's and I think it rides like a Caddy! Did you try the Sequoia out?