View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #23
Icecreamtruk

Drives: Track preped NA FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OND View Post
Thanks again for all the advice. Here are the front Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's after 6 months (rotated twice) using -2.3 front camber and 30-32psi cold pressures:

- There is no chunking on front tires and very mild chunking on rear tires, so these tires are definitely a softer compound than Primacies that can take the heat better (despite the stated 340tw)

- As suggested by @zdr93523, the outer shoulders still take the most of the beating and are pretty worn out, even though the rest of the tire has loads of life left

Sooo here is another question for you guys. I might need to replace these tires within a couple months and I am in between these two options:

- Keep using similar Max Perf Summer tires (maybe directional tires like ventus v12, so I can remount them right to left to use the opposite shoulder). I am hoping this will limit max grip and body roll, keeping the tire shoulder wear at an acceptable level. These should also be better for wet track days, daily driving and overall playfulness of the car.

- Go to an Extreme Perf Summer tire (RT615k looks pretty affordable) and hope that their softer compound and better heat tolerance help them wear more evenly on track. Does it even work that way? Or will those tires increase body roll and wear even more on the outer shoulders?

Which option would you go with?
You are lacking camber, that is all. Regardless what tire you put there. If you use a more sticky tire, the car will roll more and it will eat up the shoulder even more.
Icecreamtruk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icecreamtruk For This Useful Post:
OND (06-05-2017), strat61caster (06-05-2017)